Sunday, February 17, 2013

Poetry || Dr Kumar Vishwas

I was always fond of poetry. I preferred Hindi poetry over English (though I know that many people would be surprised to hear this), because Hindi was my language and I could really feel the poetry every time. But as happens in our 'busy' life and race for success, Hindi poetry's charm faded off.

And then, suddenly one day, I heard "Koi Deewana Kehta Hai ... " by Dr Kumar Vishwas. Hearing it, I knew in an instant that my trigger for Hindi poetry will be back and my urge would be satisfied if I listen to this guy. And mind you, if I 'listen' and not just read. It is human psychology that we tend to remember those things more that we hear, in comparison to those that we read. Besides, Dr Vishwas, in my opinion, is a brilliant orator. 

Watching one of his videos on youtube, I couldn't resist but make a note of a couple of his proses:

Na paane ki khushi hai kuch, na khone ka hi kuch gham hai
Yeh daulat aur shohrat sirf kuch zakhmo ka marham hai
Ajab si kashmakash hai roz jeene, roz marne mein
Mukammal zindagi to hai, magar poori se kuch kam hai

Badalne ko to in aankhon ke manzar kam nahin badle
Tumhaari yaad ke mausam hamare gham nahin badle
Tum agle janam mein humse milogi tab to manogi
Zamane aur sadi ki is badal mein hum nahin badle

Koi khamosh hai itna, bahane bhool aaya hoon
Kisi ki ek tarannum mein taraane bhool aaya hoon
Meri ab raah mat takna kabhi ae aasmaan walon
Main ek chidiya ki aankhon mein udaane bhool aaya hoon

Pukare aankh mein chadhkar to khoon ko khoon samajhta hai
Andhera Kis ko kehte hain ye bas jugnu samajhta hai
Humein to chaand taaron mein bhi tera roop dikhta hai
Mohabbat mein numayish ko adayein tu samajhta hai

During his programme, he quoted Tanveer:
Meri aankhon mein mohabbat ki chamak aaj bhi hai
Halaki usko mere pyaar pe shak aaj bhi hai
Naav mein baithkar dhoye the haath usne kabhi
Poore talab mein mehendi ki mehak aaj bhi hai
(Full poem is here)

I also agree with what he said - 

Kisi ko dekhne ke liye ek pal kaafi hai
Use pasand karne ke liye ek din kaafi hai
Use janne ke liye ek saal kaafi hai
Par us ek chehre ko bhoolne ke liye ek zindagi chhoti hai

1 comment:


  1. I am a amateu poet my self or i would say my new Gen poet who doesn;t have much indepdth knowdlege of Hindi or Urdu. I bought this book Just to read " koi Deewana kehta hai "..

    when i started reading other poem barring very few comparison i got bored. Some of the word used tells Author knowledge but i dont have patience my self to read with a dictionary in Hand.

    My motto of writing poems is anybody who have a basic layman knowledge of Hindi or speaks Hindi just read it without any hassel...

    To be honest i dont have credentials to rate this Poet's work but wanted to write my thoughts for Gen -x..

    ReplyDelete